JOIN YOUR FELLOW LOUISIANA COUNSELORS AT OUR EXCITING ANNUAL CONFERENCE!
September 15-17, 2013 with Pre-Conference Workshops on September 14
New Orleans, Louisiana
The theme for the 2013 conference is THE Professional Counselor: It is OUR time: to reflect, to renew, to refocus
Conference Hotel Information 2013
For information concerning other products and services available from LCA, please click on the About Button on the Horizontal Menu and the Products and Services Button on the pull down menu that appears.
Deadlines for conference registration: Advanced August 15, 2013 Pre-Conference: September 6, 2013
The Registration fees for the 2013 Conference will be as follows:
Advanced Registration Pre-Registration On-site Registration
Professional Member $260.00 $280.00 $310.00
Student, Counselor Intern, Retired $100.00 $100.00 $120.00
Non-Members $400.00 $400.00 $420.00
One-Day Registration Two-day Registration
Member $125.00 $250.00
Student, Counselor Intern, Retired $50.00 $75.00
Non-Member $175.00 $300.00
Group Rates: (new for 2013 Conference)
Definition: A group is five or more LCA professional members or Counselor Interns members who work for the SAME clinic, agency, hospital, or school district.
Fee: Professional Member $250.00 Counselor Intern $75.00 (each). Fee must accompany the registration. Fees may be in form of a check, a credit card or a purchase order. All registration forms plus the payment format must be received together.
1. All Group registration must be received prior to the pre-conference deadline. (September 6, 2013)
2. Group registrstion may NOT be made online. These may be mailed to 353 Leo, Shreveport, LA 71105
ONLY STUDENT OR COUNSELOR INTERNS WHO ARE MEMBERS OF LCA ARE ELIGIBLE FOR STUDENT CONFERENCE REGISTRATION FEES
Click Here to Download Scholarship Information
Louisiana Counseling Association Conference Scholarships
Graduate Student Scholarships
In order to encourage graduate students in counseling to assume professional identity and leadership within our organization, and for the organization to gain much needed assistance in conducting and facilitating the conference, scholarship funds in the form of conference registration reimbursement will be offered to a limited number of student applicants.
- Promotional material will include the following expectations:
- A minimum of 14 hours of service must be completed
- all recipients must be available for full conference including Saturday 9:00am through Tuesday end of conference
- Call for conference scholarship applications will be e-mailed to each counseling program within the state of Louisiana for distribution to students by June 1
- Students will complete an application, including a statement of support from a counseling faculty member by prescribed deadline August 1,
- Scholarship application must be accompanied by LCA Conference registration, and payment for conference registration
- 18 scholarship applicants will be selected on a first come, first served basis.
- 2 additional scholarship or grant may be made available at the discretion of the president and/or executive director.
Conference expectations and reimbursement
- At conference, volunteers are responsible for coverage of all assigned shifts.
- Volunteers are to sign their individual assignment sheet, initialing each shift served, and return to the conference “office” on site (or other location TBD)
- Conference registration fees will be held pending receipt of student’s signed assignment sheet.
Professional Member Extreme Need Scholarships
In these difficult times, at the discretion of the current president and Executive Director, special requests for professional member registration fee reduction or waivers will be considered on a case-by-case basis, not to exceed the cost of two full conference fees per year. Criteria used may include:
- Length of membership
- Length and level of leadership activity with LCA
- Economic need (job loss, household income reduction, etc.)
To apply, a member must contact the Executive Director and submit a request in the form of a letter addressing the reason for the financial need and citing number of years of continuous LCA membership, offices held in the organization or other LCA leadership activity, and any other situations that they wish to be considered. Deadline for consideration is six weeks prior to the opening date of the conference. In exchange for any fee reduction or waiver, the recipient will serve as a conference volunteer for a minimum of 14 hours, which can include conference and pre-conference activities.
GRADUATE STUDENT VOLUNTEER SCHOLARSHIP FOR THE LCA ANNUAL CONFERENCE
LCA Student Scholarship
LCA values its student members. As a way of showing its appreciation, LCA has established a scholarship for graduate students to offset part of their conference costs. Eighteen scholarships for the conference registration will be awarded. In order to be considered, the student needs to meet and include following application criteria:
- The Applicant must be an LCA Student Member.
- Applicant must submit a statement of support from a counseling faculty member with application.
- Applicant must agree to participate in at least 14 hours of service including the following duties: student moderator at the conference, stuff conference bags, take up tickets at meal functions, assist at the pre-registration table, and participate in any additional conference activities as needed.
- Applicant must be available for the full conference from Sunday-Tuesday. Conflicts should be discussed with the Volunteer Coordinator. A decision will be made at that time, it the terms of the scholarship have been violated.
- Applicants must also be available on the Saturday prior to the conference for an orientation meeting and any preconference duties.
- Applicant must include a check, written out to Louisiana Counseling Association in the amount of the student pre-registration fees, to be refunded at the conclusion of the conference and at the completion of the minimum of 14 volunteer hours.
a. *This check will only be held as a deposit and will not be cashed unless volunteer hours are not fulfilled.
b. To ensure reimbursement, scholarship recipients are to sign individual assignment sheets throughout the conference, initialing each shift served, and return to conference office onsite.
If interested in applying for this opportunity, please complete the following application form and send the application, a statement of support from a counseling faculty member, and check made out to
LCA by August 1 to:
353 Leo St.
Shreveport, LA 71105
Click Here to Download