LCA DISTINGUISHED PROFESSIONAL SERVICE AWARD
This award is established to honor and recognize outstanding service at the state level that reflects a significant contribution to the professional concerns of LCA and to stimulate future service for the well being of the counseling profession. The recipient of this award may be submitted for the ACA Arthur A. Hitchcock Distinguished Professional Service Award. (Nominees for all ACA awards must be members of ACA.)
Criteria for Nomination and Selection:
- Service is defined as work done or duties performed primarily with the intent of benefiting or giving assistance to others rather than for personal gain.
- This work should be of a nature to promote the counseling profession and should have widespread and general effects rather than being limited in scope.
- Service should be primarily with the counseling profession
- Service should be related to the areas of interest of one or more LCA divisions.
- Nominees for this award must be current members of LCA. Any Division or LCA member may make the nomination.
- Nomination packet will include:
- Completed LCA Awards Nomination Form.
- Completed biographical Information Form.
- A nomination letter indentifying the nominee, the specific award, and, using the nomination guidelines, a description of the contributions the LCA member has made.
- A maximum of three supporting letters from others familiar with the nominee and his or her accomplishments may be submitted. Letter writers need not be LCA members.
- Describe some examples of the nominee’s service at the state level which promote the counseling profession and benefits of this service
- Explain how these actions relate to areas of interest to the counseling profession in general or one or more of LCA’s divisions.
- All nominations will be made on the proper form and must be received by LCA Awards Committee Chair on or before August 15th each year.
- The LCA Executive Director will verify the nominee's LCA membership.
- The Awards Committee will meet at a specified time to review the nominations and make the selection using the specific criteria.
- The LCA Awards chairperson or other designated person will announce the award recipient at the appropriate public occasion or at the annual convention.
Nomination form and all required documents should be submitted to:
Linda D. Griffin, NCC, NCCC, LPC-S
LCA Awards Chair
Louisiana Tech University
Ruston, LA 71272