LCA DISTINGUISHED LEGISLATIVE AWARD
This award is established to honor and recognize outstanding service at the state level that reflects a significant contribution to the legislative concerns of LCA, and to stimulate future service for the well being of the counseling profession. The recipient of this award does not have to be a member of LCA.
Criteria for Nomination and Selection:
- Service is defined as work done or duties performed primarily with the intent of benefiting or giving assistance to promoting legislation for the benefit of LCA membership.
- To qualify for this award, the nominee must have made significant contributions to the profession or to recipients of the profession's services in various areas.
- Nominations for this award may be made by any LCA Division or member.
- The nomination packet will include:
- Completed LCA Awards Nomination Form. (LCA member number may not be applicable.)
- Completed Biographical Information Form.
- A nomination letter identifying the nominee, the specific award and a description of the specific contributions the nominee has made to the legislative concerns of LCA and counselors.
- Describe the nominee’s significant contributions to the counseling profession or to recipients of the profession's services in one or more of the following areas. Please check the appropriate category.
- Primarily responsible for introducing and carrying a bill through State Legislature
- Gathered information leading to the introduction and passage of a significant bill.
- Presented testimony of great influence on the introduction or amendment of a significant bill.
- Contributed testimony or otherwise exposed conditions in an oversight hearing which resulted in administrative changes or legislative amendments of significance to the counseling profession or to recipients of its services.
- Organized and was directly responsible for developing a massive program for constituents to communicate with their legislative representatives in support of passage of a significant legislative bill.
- All nominations will be made on the proper form and must be received by LCA Awards Committee Chair on or before August 15th each year.
- The Awards Committee will meet at a specified time to review the nominations and make the selection using the specific criteria.
- The LCA Awards chairperson or other designated person will announce the award recipient at the appropriate public occasion or at the annual convention.
Nomination form and all required documents should be submitted to:
Linda D. Griffin, NCC, NCCC, LPC-S
LCA Awards Chair
Louisiana Tech University
Ruston, LA 71272