LCA GRADUATE STUDENT AWARD
To encourage and foster counselor graduate education, LCA will award $200 to an LCA member who is a student in an accredited degree program. The recipient of this award may be submitted for the ACA Glen E. Hubele National Graduate Student Award. (Nominees for this award must be current members of ACA.)
Criteria for Nomination and Selection:
- The nominee must be a student pursuing a degree in counseling, guidance and/or human development at the time of nomination.
- Nominee for this award must be current member of LCA.
- Nominee must be nominated by a current LCA member.
- The award will be granted to the graduate student who is deemed the “best” among nominations submitted to the Awards Committee.
- Nominations will be based on field of study, awards received, research performed, and future plans.
- Any Division or LCA member may make the nomination
- Nomination packet will include:
- Completed LCA Awards Nomination Form.
- Completed biographical Information Form.
- A nomination letter indentifying the nominee, the specific award, and, using the nomination guidelines, a description of the contributions the LCA member has made.
- Letter from the advisor of the thesis, dissertation, or manuscript indicating the topic, timeline for completion, quality of research, and contribution to the counseling profession.
- A maximum of three supporting letters from others familiar with the nominee and his or her accomplishments may be submitted. Letter writers need not be LCA members.
- Clearly indicate that the nominee is an enrolled candidate for a graduate degree in counseling at the time of nomination.
- Explain why the research is of interest and benefit to the counseling profession.
- Provide details about the student’s outstanding scholarly and service contributions to the field of counseling.
- All nominations will be made on the proper form and must be received by LCA Awards Committee Chair on or before August 15th each year.
- The LCA Executive Director will verify the nominee's LCA membership.
- The Awards Committee will meet at a specified time to review the nominations and make the selection using the specific criteria.
- The LCA Awards chairperson or other designated person will announce the award recipient at the appropriate public occasion or at the annual convention.
Nomination form and all required documents should be submitted to:
Linda D. Griffin, NCC, NCCC, LPC-S
LCA Awards Chair
Louisiana Tech University
Ruston, LA 71272