Join renowned trauma expert and NY Times bestselling author, Bessel van der Kolk, MD, for this transformational 2-day intensive workshop on the latest research and drug-free treatment techniques for your trauma clients.
Dr. van der Kolk will give you a new understanding of the neuroscience of traumatic stress and the research demonstrating the efficacy and possible limitations of mind-body treatment approaches. He will detail the benefits of neurofeedback, EMDR, meditation, yoga, mindfulness, and sensory integration methods such as dance and movement.
Through intriguing videos, case studies, and masterful explanation, you will learn how to give your clients:
- A way to find words that describe what is going on
- Ways to regulate their emotions
- The ability to trust other human beings after the shameful and horrific details of their lives
- The research on the latest tools to process traumatic memories
- Transformation! – to be fully alive in the present, not stuck in the past
This workshop will award 12.5 CE clock hours in Diagnosis; the workshop was not reviewed for NBCC credits.
For more information or to register: https://catalog.pesi.com/item/64122?_ga=2.238801664.1097740005.1599056268-273857824.1472340106