Why Join LCA
- Professional: Individuals who hold a Master’s degree or higher in Counseling or a closely related field from a college or university that was accredited when the degree was awarded by one of the regional accrediting bodies.
- Retired: Individuals who have previously been Professional members but are now retired from the counseling profession.
- Student: Individuals who are rolled at least half time as degree seeking students in a counseling program in a regionally accredited institution.
- A counselor Intern: individuals who are registered with the LPC Board and is under supervision and have not received licensure. Dues include membership in the Counselor Intern Association of Louisiana.
The Benefits of LCA Membership
Continuing Education and Professional Development
- The annual LCA Conference (reduced conference registration rates for members)
- The division annual workshops
- CEU pre-approval of workshops for continuing education clock hours
- A workshop calendar
- Referral Bank (Find a Counselor)
- Division membership
- LPC Networking Groups
- Lagniappe ---quarterly issues are posted on the website.
- The LCA Journal -- published annually; CE clock hours available for reading the Journal and submitting the test to the LCA office.
- LCA E-News—emails updates sent to LCA members on issues and events affecting Louisiana counselors.
- Job Bank
- Membership Directory HPSO Liability Insurance—opportunity to purchase discounted insurance.
- Discount on Car Rental (link to the Hertz coupon already sent)
- Advocating at the State Capitol
- LCA Legislative Updates
- Public Service Announcements