Call For Programs
2018 LCA CONFERENCE CALL FOR PROGRAMS October 7-9, 2018 with pre-conference workshops on October 6, 2018
Please read the information below before completing the online application.
All applications must be submitted online. Please do not submit a hardcopy application by mail.
Baton Rouge Crowne Plaza
The Louisiana Counseling Association invites you to submit a presentation proposal for the 2018 LCA Conference
Proposals must be received by April 1.
If you are interested in presenting a Pre-Conference Presentation, please contact the LCA office email@example.com.
Seminar: Either a 3-hour or a 2-hour presentation in which the presenter explores their subject in-depth. This should be an advanced level presentation.
Content Session: A 1.5 hour presentation (may be basic, intermediate or advanced level)
Poster Session: A fifteen minute session to share research. This is a session presented only by Graduate Students who have an active membership in LCA. Information about the Poster Sessions may be found at https://www.lacounseling.org/lca/Poster_Session.asp
Roundtable Session: Roundtables are 45-minute oral presentations with discussion with attendees seated around a table. Roundtable presentations typically include 30 minutes of presentation, followed by 15 minutes of discussion and feedback. Roundtable presenters should bring targeted questions to pose to others at the table in order to learn from and with those attending. Roundtables are an ideal format for networking and in-depth discussion on a particular topic. Information about Roundtables may be found at https://www.lacounseling.org/lca/Roundtable_Session.asp
Sessions will be classified as Basic, Intermediate, or Advanced
- Basic Session participants do not need prior knowledge of content area; these workshops are for participants who want to expand knowledge, foundation and skills.
- Intermediate: Session participants need basic or very little knowledge of content area. These workshops are for participants who want to expand their knowledge, foundation and skills.
- Advanced: Session participants should have substantial knowledge and experience in content area; these workshops are for participants who have had years of experience in content areas such as in therapeutic practice or research.
Program Proposal Guidelines
- Persons in all area of the counseling profession are invited to submit a program proposal.
- The lead presenter of the presentation must hold a masters or above in a mental health field. Students may join their professor in the presentation but may not be the lead presenter. The Lead Presenter (Professor) is responsible for the content of the session and must be part of the session; no more than a total of four(4) presenters.
- A presenter may not participate in more than two presentations.
- All presenters must be members of LCA. PROSPECTIVE PRESENTERS MUST BE MEMBERS AT THE TIME THE PROPOSAL IS SUBMITTED. (In special situations, this requirement may be waived by the LCA leadership)
- All presenters must register and pay for conference (at the least the day of their presentation). Presenters are responsible for all travel travel expenses
- Presenters must check in at the LCA Presenter Registration Table to obtain their Registration Packet and a Presenter’s Badge.
- The lead presenter is responsible for signing the Presenter Contract, contacting all co-presenters and for all details of the submission.
- Audio-Visual Equipment: LCA will provide screens, microphone, extension cords and power strips in each meeting room. LCA will also provide a projector for each room. The projectors are quipped with a VGA and a HDMI Cord—if a presenter is using a Mac product, adapters should be brought by the presenter. If the hotel charges for internet use, Presenters wishing to have the use of the internet must make those arrangements with the hotel. Internet is provided at the 2018 conference. LCA does not provide any other equipment (this includes clickers for the projectors) Please plan to bring any other equipment that you need. Presenters may rent their equipment from the conference site or they may bring their own equipment.
- Tablets, I-pads, ext. do not operate with projectors. Please be sure that you have a laptop available for your presentation; LCA will not provide laptops.
- Lead Presenter will submit handouts and power-points to be placed on the LCA APP before the beginning of conference (a deadline date will be provided by LCA). Presenters will also bring 100 hard copy handouts to the presentation.
- Presenters may not use the presentation to advertise for-profit curriculum or programs that they have created.
- Presenters may not charge a separate attendance fee.
- Presenters must be able to attend the LCA 2018 Conference and be available to present any day/time during the conference. Conflicts may be noted on the application. Once the Acceptance letters are mailed, the sessions will be scheduled. Once Presenters are notified of their day and time, changes will not be made.
- Presenters should register for conference by August 31. Presenters who do not register will not be listed in the Conference Program Guide or be allowed to present.
Proposal Application Process
- Proposals will be peer reviewed in a blind review by the Professional Development Committee. .
- Proposals may be submitted online . An email from the LCA office (not from the website) will confirm receipt. If you do not receive this confirmation, contact the LCA office
- Reviewers will use the following rubric items to review proposals:Presenter's qualifications and experience; relevance of topic to conference theme or needs of the particular audience; relevance to ethics, supervision, diagnosis or school counselor related issues; clear and attainable workshop objects; evidence-based practices; relevance of topic to current counseling themes (for example: mindfulness); topic appeals to a variety of audiences.
- Proposals must be completed online and submitted.
- Submissions must be complete or they will not be reviewed.
- Notification of receipt of the submission will be made by email. If you do not receive an email confirmation from the LCA office, please check with the office to assure the receipt of your proposal.
- Decision letters will be mailed by the LCA office by July 1.
- Once your proposal is accepted you will receive a draft of the program by email. This is done so that you may check the information and make any connections before the program is uploaded to the website and the APP.
Click the link below to access the online form. The Presenter's Contract must be signed and submitted for the proposal to be accepted.
Click here for the online Presenter Contract.