LCA Distinguished Professional Service AWARD
This award is established to honor and recognize outstanding service at the state level that reflects a significant contribution to the professional concerns of LCA and to stimulate future service for the well being of the counseling profession. The recipient of this award may be submitted for the ACA Arthur A. Hitchcock Distinguished Professional Service Award. (Nominees for all ACA awards must be members of ACA.)
Criteria for Nomination and Selection:
- Service is defined as work done or duties performed primarily with the intent of benefiting or giving assistance to others rather than for personal gain.
- This work should be of a nature to promote the counseling profession and should have widespread and general effects rather than being limited in scope.
- Service should be primarily with the counseling profession.
- Service should be related to the areas of interest of one or more LCA divisions.
- Nominees for this award must be current members of LCA. Any Division or LCA member may make the nomination.
- Nomination must be submitted through the online Nomination form on previous page.
- Information Needed for Nomination:
- Biographical data about Nominee
- A description of the contributions the LCA member has made.
- A maximum of three references familiar with the nominee and his/her contributions. References need not be LCA members.
- Describe some examples of the nominee’s service at the state level which promote the counseling profession and benefits of this service.
- Explain how these actions relate to areas of interest to the counseling profession in general or one or more of LCA’s divisions.
- All nominations will be made on the online form and must be received by LCA Awards Committee Chair on or before August 31st each year.
- The LCA Executive Director will verify the nominee's LCA membership.
- The Awards Committee will meet at a specified time to review the nominations and make the selection using the specific criteria.
- The LCA Awards chairperson or other designated person will announce the award recipient at the appropriate public occasion or at the annual convention.
Nomination form and all required documents should be submitted via online form
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact:
LCA Awards Committee Chair
Dr. Chantrelle D. Varnado-Johnson, LPC-S, RPT, NCC