ASSOCIATION FOR CHILD AND ADOLESCENT COUNSELING IN LOUISIANA
The Association for Child and Adolescent Counseling in Louisiana (ACACL) is committed to the principle that all children and adolescents (ages birth through adolescence) have equal access to a full array of mental health services, regardless of ability to pay or insurance coverage.
The goals of ACACL are:
- Promote a greater awareness, advocacy, and understanding of children and adolescents among members of the counseling profession and related helping fields.
- Advance developmentally appropriate prevention and intervention strategies for counseling children and adolescents.
- Support counseling and education with parents of children and adolescents.
- Foster counselor consultation with caretakers and other professionals who are involved in the lives of children and adolescents.
- Provide professional development activities to improve education and training of counselors who work with children and adolescents.
- Disseminate educational and professional materials with the purpose of raising the standards of practice for children and adolescents in counseling, psychotherapy, and mental health.
- Encourage involvement and communication of ACAC members to share knowledge and support for improvement of mental health services to children and adolescents.
Dues: Professional, Retired, PLPCs $10.00 Student: $5.00