Endorsed by the U.S. Departments of Veterans Affairs and Defense, the International Society of Traumatic Stress Studies, and the U.K. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) as a best practice for the treatment of PTSD, Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) is an evidence-based approach to treating trauma that helps clients:
- Understand why recovery from traumatic events is difficult and how symptoms affect daily life
- Reduce distress related to memories of the trauma
- Decrease emotional numbing and avoidance of trauma reminders
- Improve day-to-day living by decreasing depression, anxiety, guilt or shame
Presented by CPT co-developer Dr. Kathleen Chard, this 2-day intensive training will encompass every step of this highly structured, 12-session cognitive treatment approach from start to finish, complete with opportunities to practice, ask questions, and receive constructive feedback from both your peers and Dr. Chard herself.
Designed to prepare you to use CPT right away, this training will equip you with session-by-session instructions, scripts, worksheets, and handouts to help move your clients from suffering and despair to hope and healing. You’ll learn:
- The who, when and how of CPT
- Powerful cognitive restructuring skills to help clients overcome ways of thinking that keep them “stuck”
- Effective ways to utilize structure and consistency to help clients become their own CPT therapist
- How to help clients release themselves from shame, guilt and blame about the trauma
- And more!
Don’t miss this opportunity to train with one of the leading trauma experts in the field – sign up today!
This workshop approved for 12.5 . NBCC credit is not available for this program.
For more information: 800 844 8260 firstname.lastname@example.org
To register: https://catalog.pesi.com/item/71832?_gl=1*1o4cpc3*_ga*MjczODU3ODI0LjE0NzIzNDAxMDY.*_ga_4T74E7Y87K*MTYxNDA5OTA5Mi4xNS4xLjE2MTQwOTkzNjEuNDc.&_ga=2.3784498.327350967.1614099092-273857824.1472340106