Out of Control behavior involves the entire family – shouldn’t your treatment do the same?
The parent’s mantra of “just fix my kid” isn’t the most effective because while you can make some progress individually, relapse rates skyrocket when the child returns to the same unhealthy patterns/behaviors/ environment. Oppositional and Defiant children and adolescents are often referred to treatment because of extreme emotional or behavior problems – aggression, disrespect, skipping school, self-harm, suicide, running away – and not the underlying trauma and unhealthy family dynamics that are the real cause of the problem.
Join Dr. Scott Sells, founder of the Family Systems Trauma (FST) Model and creator of Parenting with Love and Limits®, to learn 7 must have, evidence-based techniques for assessing and treating the oppositional and defiant child or adolescent in whole new way.
Under Dr. Sells’ expert guidance, you’ll discover how you can:
- Engage and motivate even your most resistant children, parents, and families
- Use step-by-step tools with handouts and scripts to use immediately with clients
- Identify the underlying reason for defiance and what are called “undercurrents” to quickly find the solution
- Keep your sessions strength-based and solution-oriented
- Empower parents to heal trauma, improve boundaries, and restore attachment
- Overcome the most common treatment roadblocks that frustrate you and your client
If you’re treating out of control children and their parents, you need these techniques in your clinical toolbox - Sign up today!
The presenter is Scott P. Sells, Ph.D., MSW, LCSW, LMFT
To register: https://catalog.pesi.com/item/80151?_ga=2.125726026.1546049495.1616796673-273857824.1472340106&_gl=1*wgg4ud*_ga*MjczODU3ODI0LjE0NzIzNDAxMDY.*_ga_4T74E7Y87K*MTYxNjg3MTE1My4yMS4xLjE2MTY4NzExNjIuNTE.#tabDescription
This workshop is approved for 6.25 CE clock hours in Diagnosis. NBCC credits are not available for this program.