Concepts and terminology to be reviewed include:
• Current terminology, definitions, and concepts
• Best practices when working with LGBTQ patients
• Ethics when working with LGBTQ patients
• Local resources
Session Objectives At the conclusion of the session, attendees will have/be able to:
• Define and use current LGBTQ language and approaches appropriately.
• Create a plan for working with LGBTQ patients when needed.
• An increased awareness of LGBTQ risk factors and how to address in a clinical setting.
• Identify and prepare for inclusive practices within institutions and practices
• Increased empathy for LGBTQ patients.
• Practical guidance on everyday occurrences when working with LGBTQ patients
Approved for 1.0 CE clock hours for professional counselors; no NBCC credit is available for this program.